We are committed to protecting your privacy whether you are browsing for information or conducting business with the Living Group of Companies through electronic channels. The handling of all personal information by Living Group of Companies is governed by the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act as well as the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
Living Realty Inc., Brokerage is a member of The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and strictly adopts and abides by the principles set out in the CREA Privacy Code. All employees and sales representatives associated with our brokerage sign an acknowledgement that they will comply with the requirements of the Code.
When you visit our websites, we will not collect your personal information unless you choose to use, or request to be contacted and receive online products and services that require it. We use up-to-date security protocols provided by our service provider and web hosting company to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of information and systems.
What does “personal information” mean?
For the purposes of this Statement, “personal information” means information about identifiable individuals and includes contact information (for example, name, mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number), demographic information, household information preference information and transaction-related information. Personal information does not include business information, such as an individual’s business address and telephone number.
Collecting personal information
Living may collect personal information from individuals on a voluntary basis through surveys, contest entry forms, registration forms, questionnaires and transaction documents.
Using personal information
Living uses personal information that it collects for the following limited purposes:
- To effectively market and sell the property of sellers.
- To locate, assess and qualify properties for buyers.
- To otherwise provide professional and competent real estate services to clients and customers.
- To communicate with individuals.
- To assist in understanding individuals’ needs and preferences and to adjust our product and services accordingly.
- To conduct, process and complete transactions with customers.
Living may, from time to time, contact individuals by electronic format, regular mail or telephone for any of the purposes set out above. Any electronic communications shall be in compliance with the Canadian Anti-spam Legislation (CASL), and as such, will not be initiated unless consent (as defined by CASL) has been provided by the recipient. If you wish to withdraw consent for email communications, you may do so at any time by directly emailing email@example.com, or by clicking the “unsubscribe” or “Safe Unsubscribe” buttons on email messages.
Disclosing personal information
We knowingly disclose personal information when we have received your consent to do so or under limited circumstances specifically described when personal information is collected. However, we will disclose personal information without such consent when such disclosure is permitted or required by law.
We will not knowingly disclose personal information to any third parties except:
- To affiliated and associated companies of Living and only for the limited purposes described above. These affiliated and associated companies and their respective employees are restricted from using the personal information for any other purpose other than as described above.
- To its agents, professional advisors, promotional and marketing agencies, and to any other third parties in order to complete transactions, to process data and to service our customers. These third parties and their respective employees are only provided with such personal information as is necessary to perform the services for which they have been contracted and are restricted from using the personal information for any purpose other than as described above.
Living does not sell, rent or trade personal information that it collects. In the event of the sale of Living, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets.
Retaining Personal information
At such time as personal information is no longer required for the purposes stated in this Privacy Statement or other statutory requirements, such personal information will be made anonymous or destroyed.
Protecting personal information
To ensure the security of our customers’ personal information we have designated a Privacy Officer to be responsible for the care and control of personal information.
Although we take great care in protecting the security of personal information stored in our databases. Information transmitted over the Internet can be intercepted by unauthorized parties. Living does not assume any liability for any unauthorized use or interception of personal information over the internet by third parties. In addition, we do not assume liability for any unauthorized use of personal information collected by third parties with websites that are the current or future subject of a link from our website.
Important Notices: Some of our websites link to other sites created and maintained by other public and/or private sector organizations. We provide these links solely for your information and convenience. When you link to an outside website, you are leaving Living Group of Companies web site and our information management policies no longer apply. Your personal information may be transferred to individuals or entities as set out in the specific privacy provision of Living Group of Companies websites.
By phone: (905) 474-0500
By mail: Living Realty Inc., Brokerage
8 Steelcase Road West